TA XUA – Walking on the Dinosaur Spine
Ta Xua is one of the most magnificent mountain in the North of Vietnam. At 2865 meters high, it’s famous for diversified tropical forests, tips of the mountain which protrudes from the ocean of clouds and also long and difficult slopes. Some highlights of the Ta Xua mountain that we can refer to: the giant tortoise stone head reaching out the cliff, giant undulating ridge as the dinosaur spine. And if we are lucky, we can walk on the ridge which split up the ocean of clouds – an unforgettable impressive experience.
Ta Xua is famous also with diversified vegetation: thick moss carpets, hundreds-years old grand trees…When you see the golden inclined sunset light shining on the tree branches covered by moss, you will feel like you’ve just get in tropical paradise.
This is definitely a worthwhile challenge for enthusiasts to conquer.
Ha Noi – Tram Tau
- 19h30: Tour guide pick you up at Travel Up head office
- 20h00: Depart from Hanoi to Tram Tau town.
About 6 hours of winding road
Tram Tau – Tea House
- 01h00 Reach the hotel at Tram Tau, receive your room and rest till morning
- 06h00 Wake up for breakfast. Leave unnecessary luggage at the hotel
- 07h00 Move to Cong Villgage – the trekking point
- 08h00 Start our trekking
- 11h00 Lunch break by a stream. Then keep going up on the high slopes and the view is becoming more fantastic
- Pass the Mỏm Đầu Rùa peak (a giant tortoise stone head) along the way.
- 18h00: Set up fire, camping at 2100m high, at the foot of Sống lưng khủng long (Dinosaur Spine)
Time: 7~8 hours of trekking (~9km). High slopes and bushy
Spend the night in the wooden shelter built by the locals. You will not be able to bath there
Tea House – Peak – Tea House
- 05h00 Wake up early for the breaking dawn. Then have breakfast before start going up for the summit
- 08h00 Reach the Dinosaur Backbone. Not a few number stops here as they could not make it pass the spine. Enjoy one of the most amazing experience of your trip!
- 11h00 Have lunch at the next shelter, then leave here all your stuff and go to the Summit
- 15h00 Reach the top, take photos celebrate together and then turn back.
- 17h00 Get to the camping site, setup fire and dinner.
Time: 7~8 hours trekking up the summit and down (~13km). Continuous slopes, bushy and dangerous cliff
Tea House – Tram Tau – Ha Noi
- 6h00 Breakfast time in fresh air of the mountain morning.
- 7h00 Start going down passing the spine again. Lunch on the way
- 15h00 Get back to the hotel and take hot shower there
- 17h00 Big dinner here with local hotpot
Arrive in Hanoi around 00h30a.m. Goodbye and see you again in nearest trip!
TA XUA: Level 8/10 · HARD
- TA XUA: 2865m high, Ho Thau – Ban Cong – Tram Tau – Yen Bai
- Duration: 3 days 4 nights tour
- Over 34km of mountain road, many forest, few streams. Suitable for hunting clouds and watching majestic landscapes.
★ SERVICES INCLUDED – ★
– English speaking guide
– All necessary forest and tourist permits
– Shelter/ Tents and sleeping bags
– All meals on the schedule
– Transport van or bus Hanoi – Tram Tau (2 ways)
– Porters (who carry tents and foods)
– Basic health kit
– 2 Litres of water (4 bottles of 500ml)
– 1 raincoat and 2 pairs of gloves
– Additional nutrition foods (chocolate pies, dry foods)