NGU CHI SON – The Sacred Five Fingers Mountain
Ngu Chi Son is widely known as the one of the most impressive tourist destination in the Northwest of Vietnam.
It is a very strange mountain which has the shape of a hand with fingers pointing towards the sky. “Ngu Chi Son” in Vietnamese means “a five-finger mountain”. There are several legends about this mysterious mountain, passed onto many generations. To conquer this mountain, you have to go through lots of fast-running streams and the most imposing waterfalls in our Northwestern, through extreme wilderness with dangerous cliffs and wail of the wind…
Only after you have conquered it can you realize how wonderful it is. The trip to the summit of Ngu Chi Son will be one of the most amazing journeys you can ever have.
Ha Noi – Sapa
- 10.30 PM: Meet the leader at the bus office.
(The location will be informed before the trip)
- 11.00 PM: Get on the sleeping bus heading to Sapa. (You will not get car sick in the sleep, so don’t worry!)
Sapa – Ta Giang Phinh – Camp
- 5.00 AM: Arrive at Sapa bus station. Follow the leader to the restaurant to have breakfast. Do personal hygiene and leave all unnecessary stuff here.
- 6.30 AM: Move to the salmon breeding farm in Chu Va village in Lai Chau by a 16-seat van. The distance is about 30 kilometers far from Sapa.
- 7.30 AM: Arrive at the trek point. Divide the stuff and water among people.
- 8.00 AM: Start the trekking.
- 11.00 AM: Get rest and have lunch at the most impressive waterfall of the trip.
- 5.00 PM: Reach the campsite in the wood. Set up the camp, light a fire and have dinner. Stay at the campsite until the next day.
Camp – Peak – Sapa – Ha Noi
- 5.00 AM: Wake up, do personal hygiene and have breakfast. When you finish, you can continue your trekking to the second highest mountain of the chain.
- 9.00 AM: To the expectation, you will reach the summit at that time. Take pictures, get rest and enjoy the time on the top of the mountain. Then go down towards Ta Giang Phinh. You will have lunch on the roadside.
- 5.00 PM: Reach the starting point. Get on the 16-seat van to come back to Sapa.
- 7.00 PM: Arrive in Sapa. The van will carry passengers to Dao Tribe’s bathing place to get hot herbal bath. After finish bathing, have dinner at the centre of the town.
- 10.00 PM: Get on sleeping bus heading to Ha Noi.
You will reach Hanoi around 4.00 AM the next morning. The trip ends here and we are happy to see you again next time!
NGU CHI SON: LEVEL 7/10 · MEDIUM
- NGU CHI SON: 2858 m high, Ta Giang Phinh – Sapa – Lao Cai
- Duration: Tour 2 days 3 nights
- Over 9km of forest road, steep terrain, many cliffs. Cloud hunting.
- Sleeping in a shack at an altitude of 2600m
★ – SERVICES INCLUDED – ★
1. Moving expense
– Return Bus Tickets Hanoi – Sapa.
– 16-seat or 29-seat van for the journey to the trek point and back to Sapa.
2. All the housing expense in your trekking
– Water and food during your trekking.
– Porter (who carries the food and stuff).
– Warm sleeping place in the tent.
– The first breakfast and the last Hot Pot in Sapa.
3. Other services
– Travel Insurance (20.000.000VND/person – for Vietnamese only)
– Entrance fee for the local government’s management
– Climbing gear: – 01 raincoat, 02 pairs of gloves, snacks, health kit.
– Ticket for the Dao Tribe’s hot herbal bath.
★ – EXCLUDED SERVICES – ★
– Tips for porter or tour guide (in case).