CONQUERING NGU CHI SON
Ngu Chi Son is a mountain with a strange shape – the jutting peaks combined with the deep ravine form a five-fingered hand pointing straight up to the sky. Ngu Chi Son or Five Fingers Mountain has been associated with many legends and mysterious stories told by local people for many generations. The way to conquer this mountain is also extremely dangerous, crossing the most majestic streams and waterfalls in the Northwest, the absolutely pristine forest carpets and the cold rocky cliffs full of chilling wind.
From the top of Ngu Chi Son, you can clearly see Fansipan, Nhiu Co San, Bach Moc and Lao Than. The scene at the top is very beautiful, just like being lost in a fairyland, and is indescribable in words or in pictures.
Có thể bạn quan tâm: Tour Leo Núi Nhìu Cồ San
Theo dõi Fanpage của Travel Up để khám phá thêm về Ngũ Chỉ Sơn
22h30: The tour leader picks up the group at the bus office at My Dinh bus station
23h00: Get on a high-quality night sleeper bus to move to Sapa, the highway is very smooth, so those who are car sick shouldn’t be worried
- 05h00: Arrive at Sapa bus station. The leader will guide the group to the breakfast place, where the team can attend to personal hygiene, enjoy some breakfast and store unnecessary items
- 06h30: Get on a 16-seat car to move to Ta Giang Phinh (about 30 km away from Sapa)
- 07h30: Arrive at the trek point, allocating the group’s supplies & drinks
- 08h00: Start trekking
- 12h00: Stop for lunch at trek camp 1
- 16h00: Arrive at the shack, set a fire, eat and stay overnight
- 04h00: Wake up, have breakfast, continue trekking the highest finger of Ngu Chi Son peak
- 07h00: Reach the top. We can take some group photos, admire the majestic landscape of Hoang Lien Son range, then pack up and go down the mountain in the direction of Ta Giang Phinh
- 11h00: Lunch along the way down the mountain
- 14h00: Arrive at Ta Giang Phinh village, get on the car back to Sapa
- 15h00: Return to Sapa, collect your stuffs that were stored at the restaurant for breakfast in the previous day, move to the bathing place where you can soak in the herbal bath of the Dao people
- 19h00: Last dinner party with hot pot (mixed/sturgeon/salmon)
- 22h00: Get on the sleeper bus to move back to Hanoi
We will arrive in Hanoi at around 4:00 am the next morning. Travel Up would like to say goodbye and see you on the nearest trip!
NGU CHI SON: DIFFICULTY LEVEL 7/10 · MODERATE
- NGU CHI SON: 2,858m high. Ta Giang Phinh – Sapa – Lao Cai
- Tour duration: 2 days and 3 nights
- Trekking through 9 km of forest trails with steep terrain and a lot of cliffs. There is potential for cloud hunting
- Sleeping in a shack at an altitude of 2600m
★ – INCLUDED SERVICES – ★
- A 45-seat sleeper bus traveling between Hanoi and Sapa
- All meals for 2 days, including the last day’s hot pot
- Food that provides enough nutrients and energy for trekking members
- Dedicated water purifier
- Drinking water: an 800ml water bottle to be given out from the beginning (Water is refillable on the trek)
- Porters who carry your group’s and personal belongings
- Rooms to stay on the mountain.
- Travel Insurance (500,000,000 VND/person/case)
- Herbal bath of the Dao people in Sapa
- Trekking equipment includes:
– Raincoat, gloves, headlamp, snacks
– Trekking pole, 20L backpack, personal water bottle (collected back at the end of the tour)
- Souvenir medal
★ – SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR – ★
- Tip for the tour guide and porters
- Other personal expenses
★ – WHAT YOU NEED TO PREPARE – ★
- A pair of trekking shoes (high-neck shoes are the best) that are comfortable, well-fitted, and have a non-slip outsole
- Clothes for 2 days and 1 nights on the mountain:
– 2 long pants (preferably quick-drying pants) and 1 long-sleeved jacket (preferably a thin windbreaker) to wear when trekking.
– 3-4 T-shirts
– Warm and thick coat for use in the evening while at the shack
– 1 super thin sweater or down jacket to wear to bed
– 1 pair of slippers for use at the shack
– Scarves: avoid wool scarves, we recommend the use of fabric scarves or bandanas as they are quick to dry in case of getting wet.
– 3-5 pairs of long, thick socks (do not use low-neck socks)
– Other personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries.
- Heating patches
- Personal medication
- Personal Identification