TA LIEN – The mystic forest.
The native Mong call this forest by another name: Co Trau, which means the neck of a Buffalo. Located in Tam Duong – Lai Chau province with the height of 2993 meters, Ta Lien stands out from all other mountains around it. Your journey will lead you to a wonderful place covered by the red of maple trees. But Ta Lien is far more amazing than you can expected: a secluded wood blocks the sunlight, a track full of strange creatures, ancient trees with giant trunk, which are too hight for anyone to see the top, covered by creeper.
You will never see anything like that. Being compared with the forests in fairy tales, Ta Lien is such a mysterious destination you cannot skip.
Ha Noi – Sapa
- 10.30 PM: Meet the leader at the bus office.
- 11.00 PM: Get on the sleeping bus heading to Sapa. (You will not get car sick in the sleep, so don’t worry!)
Sapa – Ta Leng – Tea House
- 5.00 AM: Arrive at Sapa bus station. Follow the leader to the restaurant to have breakfast. Leave all the unnecessary stuff here.
- 7.00 AM: Move to the trekking point in Ta Leng village by a 16-seat van. You will pass O Quy Ho, 1 of 4 most impressive mountain passes in Tay Bac. The distance is about 60 kilometers, takes an hour and a half on the mountain pass).
- 8.30 AM: Arrive at the town centre. Move to the trekking point by Xe om (motorbike with native driver). The distance is about 7 kilometers, price is at your own expense.
- 9.30 AM: Start your trekking from the forest’s edge. You will go through the wood covered by maple leaves.
- 12.00 PM: Have lunch on the roadside
- 4.30: Reach the campsite. Light a fire and cook dinner.
Trekking time: 6-7 hours on the sloping road in the wood.
At night, you will sleep in a shelter built by natives. The shelter contains blankets and mats. Toilet is available.
Tea House – Peak – Sapa – Ha Noi
- 5.00 AM: Wake up, do personal hygiene and have breakfast.
- 6.30 AM: Continue your trekking to the summit. The pathway dipped a lot.
- 10.00 AM: Reach the summit. This viewpoint overlooks Lai Chau province. Take pictures, have lunch and go back down to the shelter.
- 1.30 PM: Take all your stuffs at the shelter and keep going down, using the same route.
- 4.00 PM: Arrive at the forest’s edge. Move to the town centre by Xe om (the price is at your own expense) and get on the 16-seat van to Come back to Sapa.
- 5.30 PM: Arrive in Sapa. Get hot herbal bath at Dao Tribe’s bathing place.
- 7.00 PM: Have dinner with Sapa salmon Hot Pot. Then you can visit Sapa at your own pace.
- 10.00 PM: Get on the sleeping bus heading to Ha Noi.
You will reach Hanoi around 4.30 AM the next morning. The trip ends here and we are happy to see you again next time!
(If you already stay in Sapa/want to stay in Sapa after the trip, please inform the leader).
- *Trekking time*: 7-8 hours for going to the summit and back (13 kilometers) on sloping road.
TA LIEN: LEVEL 7/10 · MEDIUM
- TA LIEN: 2,993 m high, Ta Leng – Lai Chau
- Duration: Tour 2 days 3 nights
- Over 15km of mountain and forest road, the terrain has many ancient old forests. Lots of rhododendrons and maple leaves.
- Sleeping in a shack at an altitude of 2500m
★ – SERVICES INCLUDED – ★
- 1. Moving expense
– Return Bus Tickets Hanoi – Sapa.
– 16-seat or 29-seat van for the journey to the trek point and back to Sapa.
- 2. All the housing expense in your trekking
– Water and food during your trekking.
– Porter (who carries the food and stuff).
– Warm sleeping place in the tent.
– The first breakfast and the last Hot Pot in Sapa.
- 3. Other services
– Travel Insurance (20.000.000VND/person – for Vietnamese only)
– Entrance fee for the local government’s management
– Climbing gear: – 01 raincoat, 02 pairs of gloves, snacks, health kit.
– Ticket for the Dao Tribe’s hot herbal bath.
★ – EXCLUDED SERVICES – ★
- – Tips for porter or tour guide
- – Price of Xe om.