TA CHI NHU PEAK – The Sky-floating Island
Some tell that Vietnamese are “Cloud Hunters”, referring to how Vietnamese love the view of magnificent ocean of cloud. And that’s why so many of us come to Ta Chi Nhu, a true paradise located in the Northwest of Vietnam. With the height of 2.979 meters above sea level for the summit, plus the high slopes and the strong windblow due to its airy location, it will not be easy for everybody to conquer.
Instead, you will be provided a 360 degree viewing angle, giving you the feeling of standing on top of the world. The clouds, the howling wind, the dreamy purple of unnamed wildflowers growing along the mountain spine,… those must be the precious of a true wanderlust soul
TA CHI NHU: Level 7/10 · Medium
TA CHI NHU: 2,979 m high, Xa Ho – Tram Tau – Yen Bai
Duration: Tour 2 days 3 nights
Over 18km of mountain and forest road, terrain with few forests, hunting clouds, few streams.
Sleeping in a shack at an altitude of 2600m
Mountain trekking tour to hunt the most beautiful clouds in the Northwest
Ha Noi – Tram Tau
– 19h00 Gather with our tour guide at the gate of Foreign Language Univesity ( No.01 Pham Van Dong road)
– 19h30 Depart from Hanoi to Tram Tau town.
About 6 hours of winding road
Tram Tau – Tea House
– 01h00 Reach the hotel at Tram Tau, receive your room and rest till morning
– 06h00 Wake up for breakfast. Leave unnecessary luggages at the hotel
– 07h00 Move to the trekking point by xe om (motorbike rode by the locals, expense at your own)
– 08h00 Start our trekking
– 11h00 Lunch break by a stream. Then keep going up on the high slopes and the view is becoming more fantastic
– 16h00 Reach the campsite at the height of 2400 meters. Set up the fire and have dinner
Time: 7~8 hours of trekking (~9km). High slopes, less bushy
Spend the night in the wooden shelter built by the locals. There is a stream nearby, but you will not be able to bath there
Peak – Tram Tau – Ha Noi
– 05h00 Wake up early for the breaking dawn. Then have breakfast before start going up for the summit
– 09h00 Reach the top of Tà Chì Nhù. Take pictures together for celebrating and then go down back to the shelter
– 10h30 Have lunch at the shelter, then collect all your stuff and back to the town on the same road
– 15h30 Reach the hotel. Take the hot bath there to recover your health
– 17h00 Big dinner with local hot pot
– 19h00 Get on the van and go back to Ha Noi
Arrive in Hanoi around 00h30a.m. Goodbye and see you again in nearest trip!
Time: 7~8 hours trekking up the summit and down (~13km). Continuous slopes, less bushy
- Bus to move Hanoi – Tram Tau (car 16 or 29 seats)
- All meals for 2 days, including the last day’s party hot pot
- Food provides enough nutrients and energy for climbing members.
- Dedicated water filter.
- Drinking water: 800ml bottle from the beginning (Water is replenished on the trek)
- Porter port your group and personal belongings
- Mountain room.
- Mineral bath at Tram Tau
- Standard Travel Insurance (70,000,000VND/person/case)
- Climbing equipment includes:
- Raincoats, gloves, snacks
- Trekking stick, 10L backpack, personal water bottle (collected at the end of the tour)
- Souvenir medal of Ta Chi Nhu mountain tour
YOU ARE READY
Clothes for 2 days 1 night in the mountains:
- 2 long pants (preferably quick-drying pants) and 1 long-sleeved shirt (preferably a light windbreaker) to wear during the trek
- 2-3 T-shirts
- Warm thick coat. For use in the evening while at the shack
- 1 super thin sweater or down jacket to wear to bed
- 1 pair of high-top boots/climbing shoes that are waterproof and have good grip
- 1 pair of slippers used at the Shack
- Scarves: wool towels are contraindicated, so use cloth towels or bandanas so that if they get et, they can be easily dried.
- 3-5 pairs of long, thick socks (do not use low-neck socks)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries.
- Stickers Thermostats
- Personal medicine.