PUTALENG – Deep into the Jungle
Putaleng is the third highest of the highest mountains in Vietnam. The cool streams, ancient mossy forests are probably what no other mountains can match. Trekking Putaleng is also experiencing unique specialties: bamboo shoots, giant frog tadpoles… – dishes that are unforgettable to those who have enjoyed
- 22h30: The tour leader picks up the group at the bus office at My Dinh bus station
- 23h00: Get on a high-quality night sleeper bus to move to Sapa, the highway is very smooth, so those who are car sick shouldn’t be worried
- 05h00: Arrive at Sapa bus station. The leader will guide the group to the breakfast place, where you can attend to your personal hygiene, enjoy your breakfast and store unnecessary items
- 07h00: A 16-seat car will pick up the group and move to the trekking point in Ho Thau commune. The group will go through O Quy Ho pass – one of the four great passes of the Northwest – on the way
(~40km away from Sapa, can take >1 hour to travel the pass)
- 08h30: Arrive at the porter’s house. Distribute the group’s belongings and start trekking Mount Putaleng
- 12h00: Have lunch at the last stream before going uphill
- 17h00: Arrive at the shack at an altitude of 2100m. Set up the fire and cook dinner
– Trekking time: ~ 7-8 hours. Crossing many streams in the morning, going uphill in the dense forest in the afternoon
– Spend the night at the shack built by ethnic people with enough blankets. There are also a big stream where you can bathe and a natural toilet
- 06h00: The leader wakes the group up for breakfast
- 07h30: Everyone leaves their belongings at the shack, brings water and raincoats to continue trekking to the top
- 11h30: Reaching the peak. Take pictures together and sing songs to celebrate the victory. We will then have lunch on the top with delicious fried rice balls
- 12h00: Start to return to the shack at the altitude of 2100m.
- 16h00: Get down to the old resting point. Let’s roast chicken together by the fire, under the cold of the jungle sunset
– Trekking time: ~ 7-8 hours. Many steep slopes with the dense forest
– Spend the night at the shack built by ethnic people with enough blankets. There are also a big stream where you can bathe and a natural toilet.
- 06h00: Get up early to have breakfast, pack up and then go back down to Ta Leng commune. Lunch along the way down the mountain
- 12h00: Return to the suspension bridge at the end of the forest. Those who are tired or have leg pain can take a motorbike taxi from here to the center of the commune (~7km away)
- 13h30: The group arrives at the commune center. Get on the 16-seat car to return back to Sapa (60km away, take about 2 hours of traveling)
- 16h00: Return to Sapa, collect your stuff, then go to soak in the Dao people’s herbal bath to regain strength
- 18h00: Last dinner party with Sapa salmon hot pot. After dinner, you can walk around Sapa town and shop for souvenirs
- 22h00: gather at Sapa bus station, get on the sleeper bus back to Hanoi
We shall arrive in Hanoi at around 4:00 am the next morning, officially ending the Putaleng trekking tour. Travel Up would like to say goodbye and see you on the nearest trip!!
PUTALENG: DIFFICULTY LEVEL 7/10 · CHALLENGING
- PUTALENG: 3049m high, Ho Thau – Tam Duong – Lai Chau
- Tour duration: 3 days and 4 nights
- Trekking over 34 km of mountain trails with many forests and many beautiful streams. Sea of clouds hunting is not available for this tour
- The route is a dirt trail, with the first day being very steep and involving many streams
- Sleep in a shack at an altitude of 2100m
★ – INCLUDED SERVICES – ★
- Standard sleeper bus to travel between Hanoi and Sapa.
- All meals for 3 days, including the last day’s hot pot.
- Food that provides enough nutrients and energy for trekking members.
- Dedicated water purifier.
- Drinking water: an 800ml water bottle to be given out from the beginning (Water is refillable on the trek)
- Porters who carry your group’s and personal belongings
- Rooms to stay on the mountain.
- Travel Insurance (500,000,000 VND/person/case)
- Herbal bath of the Dao people in Sapa
- Trekking equipment includes:
– Raincoat, gloves, snacks
– Trekking pole, 20L backpack, personal water bottle (collected back at the end of the tour)
- Souvenir medal of Putaleng mountain trekking tour
- Motorbike taxi
★ – SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR – ★
- Tip for the tour guide and porters
- Other personal expenses
★ – WHAT YOU NEED TO PREPARE – ★
- A pair of trekking shoes (high-neck shoes are the best) that are comfortable, well-fitted, and have a non-slip outsole
- Clothes for 2 days and 1 nights on the mountain:
– 2 long pants (preferably quick-drying pants) and 1 long-sleeved jacket (preferably a thin windbreaker) to wear when trekking.
– 3-4 T-shirts
– Warm and thick coat for use in the evening while at the shack
– 1 super thin sweater or down jacket to wear to bed
– 1 pair of slippers for use at the shack
– Scarves: avoid wool scarves, we recommend the use of fabric scarves or bandanas as they are quick to dry in case of getting wet.
– 3-5 pairs of long, thick socks (do not use low-neck socks)
– Other personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries.
- Heating patches
- Personal medication
- Personal Identification