NHIU CO SAN – the Buffalo’s Horn Mountain
Nhiu Co San is not the only name of this mountain. The natives Mong Tribe call it “Sung Trau” mountain (buffalo’s horn).
This mountain is quite strange and new to Vietnamese trekkers. It is one of 10 highest mountains in Viet Nam with pristine vegetation. You will be surprised by the winding pathway through in the bushy wood, the foggy landscape, the feeling of lichen under your feet or a faraway mountain covered by cloud.
A tour at mid range in 2 days 3 nights will be the suitable one for all trekkers.
Ha Noi – Sapa
- 22h30: Meet the leader at the bus office.
(The location will be informed before the trip)
- 23h00: Get on the sleeping bus heading to Sapa. (You will not get car sick in the sleep, so don’t worry!)
Sapa – Nhiu Co San – Tea House
- 5.00 AM: Arrive at the Sapa bus station. Follow the leader to the restaurant. Do personal hygiene, have breakfast and leave all the unnecessary stuff here.
- 7.00 AM: Move to the trek point by a 16-seat van in Den Sang commune (about 60 kilometers far from Sapa, take more than an hour and a half on the mountain pass).
- 8.30 AM: Arrive at the commune centre. Go to the trek point in Nhiu Co San village by Xe om (motorbike with native driver). The distance is about 7 kilometers and the price is at your own expense.
- 9.30 Am: Start the trekking. The track will lead you through the wood and a lot of imposing cliffs.
- 12.00 PM: Lunch on the roadside.
- 4.30 PM: Reach the campsite. Light a fire and cook dinner in the wood.
*Trekking time*: About 6-7 hours in the wood. The road dipped a lot.
At night, you will sleep at a shelter built by natives. The shelter contains blankets and mats. Toilet is available.
Tea house – Peak – Sapa – Ha Noi
- 5.00 AM: Wake up, do personal hygiene and have breakfast.
- 6.30 AM: Continue the trekking. The early morning at Nhiu Co San is very beautiful. You will pass abrupt mountain slope, impressive abyss. The most beautiful thing here is a heaven of cloud.
- 10.00 AM: Reach the summit. Take pictures, have lunch together and go back to the campsite.
- 13.30 PM: Back at the campsite. Get all your stuff and go back to to village, using the same route.
- 4.00 PM: Arrive in the village. Move to the town centre by Xe om (the price is at your own expense) and then come back to Sapa.
- 5.30 PM: In Sapa, go to Dao Tribe’s bathing place to get hot herbal bath.
- 7.00 PM: Have dinner with Sapa salmon Hot Pot. After dinner, you can visit around at your own pace.
- 10.00 PM: Get on the bus heading to Ha Noi.
You will reach Hanoi around 4.30 AM the next morning. The trip ends here and we are happy to see you again next time!
(If you already stay in Sapa/want to stay in Sapa after the trip, please inform the leader).Trekking time: About 9-10 hours on 13 kilometers on sloping and bushy road.
*Trekking time*: About 9-10 hours on 13 kilometers on sloping and bushy road.
NHIU CO SAN: LEVEL 7/10 · MEDIUM
- NHIU CO SAN: 2965 m high, Trung Leng Ho – Bat Xat – Lao Cai
- Duration: Tour 2 days 3 nights
- Crossing 19km of mountainous roads, the terrain has many old forests. Hunting clouds, playing Ong Chua waterfall.
- Sleeping in a shack at an altitude of 2500m
★ – SERVICES INCLUDED – ★
- 1. Moving expense
– Return Bus Tickets Hanoi – Sapa.
– 16-seat or 29-seat van for the journey to the trek point and back to Sapa.
2. All the housing expense in your trekking
– Water and food during your trekking.
– Porter (who carries the food and stuff).
– Warm sleeping place in the tent.
– The first breakfast and the last Hot Pot in Sapa.
3. Other services
– Travel Insurance (70.000.000VND/person – for Vietnamese only)
– Entrance fee for the local government’s management
– Climbing gear: – 01 raincoat, 02 pairs of gloves, snacks, health kit.
– Ticket for the Dao Tribe’s hot herbal bath.
★ – EXCLUDED SERVICES – ★
– Tips for porter or tour guide (in case).