CONQUERING LUNG CUNG
Lung Cung used to be in the top 10 highest mountains in Vietnam before Chung Nhia Vu was discovered. However, this route has always been popular not only for that reason.
Isolated in Tu Le, Yen Bai, quite far away from other mountains with a difficult road to reach the foot of the mountain, Lung Cung contains a very unique beauty. Dreamy reed hills in every frame, dimly lit bamboo groves, and the most spacious peak of all the mountains in Vietnam, where on a beautiful day and with some “good dignity”, we can feel like walking together on a prairie floating in the sea of clouds on all sides.
- 19h00: Group gathers at the Travel Up office at No.35, lane 234, Hoang Quoc Viet street. If you ride a motorbike, you can park your bike in the nearby parking lot. You should have dinner in advance to avoid motion sickness
- 19h30: The bus departs for Tu Le commune, Van Chan district, Yen Bai province
This takes about 6 hours to travel the provincial road. Feel free to prepare your own dinner.
- 01h00: Arrive at a homestay in Tu Le. Check in and rest
- 06h00: Wake up early for breakfast and personal hygiene. Unnecessary items can be left at the homestay to be picked up the next day when coming back
- 07h00: Get to the foot of the mountain by motorbike taxi
- 08h00: Get to the edge of the forest and start trekking
- 11h00: Stop for lunch next to the stream. The group then continues to trek into the primeval forest, and climb the slope to get to the ancient chestnut forest, which is also our place to rest for the night
- 16h00: Reach the shack where we spend the night on the mountain. Set fire and cook dinner together
Time: 7-8 hours of trekking. The path is not very steep at first, but after lunch, it will be steeper and denser in the forest.
Overnight in a shack built by the locals. Next to the shack, there is a small stream where you can wash your hands and feet.
- 05h00: Get up early. The group then has breakfast and continues trekking to the top (this may take about 1 hour). We should be up early to watch the sunrise
- 07h30: Reach Lung Cung peak. Check in together at the top of the mountain and take souvenir photos, then return to the shack by the old way
- 09h30: Have lunch at the shack, after which we can pack up and return back down by a new route, passing through Ta Co Y valley
- 14h30: Arrive at the edge of the forest, get on a motorbike taxi, and go back to the guesthouse
- 15h30: Arrive at the homestay in Tu Le, take a shower, and pack up your things
- 17h00: Last dinner party with hot pot and some Northwest wine
- 19h00: Get on the bus back to Hanoi
The group shall arrive in Hanoi at around 12:30 am, officially ending the Lung Cung mountain trekking tour. Travel Up would like to say goodbye and see you again on the nearest trip!
About 7-8 hours of trekking up and down. The trail is steep with many forests in the initial part, and later there will be low and open grassy hills.
LUNG CUNG: DIFFICULTY LEVEL 6/10 · MODERATE
- LUNG CUNG: 2925m high, Tu Le – Yen Bai
- Tour duration: 2 days and 3 nights
- Trekking through 19km of mountainous and forested terrain. Potential for cloud hunting
- Sleeping in a shack at an altitude of 2500m
★ – INCLUDED SERVICES – ★
- Cars to travel between Hanoi and Yen Bai
- All meals for 3 days, including the last day’s hot pot
Food that provides enough nutrients and energy for trekking members
- Dedicated water purifier
- Drinking water: an 800ml water bottle to be given out from the beginning (Water is refillable on the trek)
- Porters who carry the group’s and your personal belongings
- Rooms to stay on the mountain
- Travel Insurance (500,000,000 VND/person/case)
- Trekking equipment includes: Raincoat, gloves, trekking pole, headlamp, 20L backpack, personal water bottle
- Medal for conquering Lung Cung
- Motorbike taxi
★ – SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR – ★
- Tip for the tour guide and porters
- Other personal expenses
★ – WHAT YOU NEED TO PREPARE – ★
- A pair of trekking shoes (high-neck shoes are the best) that are comfortable, well-fitted, and have a non-slip outsole
- Clothes for 2 days and 1 nights on the mountain:
– 2 long pants (preferably quick-drying pants) and 1 long-sleeved jacket (preferably a thin windbreaker) to wear when trekking.
– 3-4 T-shirts
– Warm and thick coat for use in the evening while at the shack
– 1 super thin sweater or down jacket to wear to bed
– 1 pair of slippers for use at the shack
– Scarves: avoid wool scarves, we recommend the use of fabric scarves or bandanas as they are quick to dry in case of getting wet.
– 3-5 pairs of long, thick socks (do not use low-neck socks)
– Other personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
- Heating patches
- Personal medication
- Personal Identification