LAO THAN – The walk in Y TY sky.
Through an overall looking, Y Ty is the heaven of cloud in Lao Cai. At a viewpoint from a small village, you can enjoy the impressive scene with unlimited quantity of cloud and endless layers of leaves…
Lao Than is widely known as the ridge of Y Ty . With the height of 2800 meters and limitless space, Lao Than is still a perfect place to take a sight at the cloud despite the thick fog. The diversified terrain includes interminable forest, small streams trough the woods, imposing cliffs. With all these interesting things, Lao Than is worth to become a destination for anyone who wants to discover and experience a superb place. It is also suitable for people to strengthen health and relax after busy weekdays.
Your award will be the feelings when you rest on the cliff, watching at the cloud below your feet, which covers the colorful Muong Hum valley. It will also be the moment when the sun sets behind Nhiu Co San; dinner in the stone cave with chicken and wine, talking to a plain native; a good sleep among the little universe; being overwhelmed by the sunrise in the wild…
And thousands of secret waiting to be discovered in an unexpected trip.
LAO THAN: Level 4/10 · Easy
Lao Than: 2826m high, Y Ty – Bat Xat. Belongs to Lao Cai province
Duration: Tour 2 days 3 nights
Over 14km of mountain road, few forests, few streams, wide view overlooking the sea of clouds and milky way.
Trail through forest and low grass hills
Sleep in a shack at an altitude of 2600m.
Ha Noi – Sapa
- – 10.30 PM: Meet the leader at the bus office.
(The location will be informed before the trip)
- – 11.00 PM: Get on the sleeping bus heading to Sapa. (You will not get car sick in the sleep, so don’t worry!)
Sapa – Y Ty – Tea House
- 5.00 AM: Arrive at the Sapa bus station. Follow the leader to the restaurant to have breakfast, do personal hygiene and leave all your unnecessary stuff here.
- 7.30 AM: Move by a 16-seat van to Y Ty Vegetable Farm, about 80km (3 hours) far from Sapa. The van will go through the ravines, valleys, villages and terraced fields of H’Mong and Ha Nhi Tribe.
- 10.30 AM: At the trek point of Y Ty Vegetable Farm, the leader will divide the goods (water, gloves, raincoat, functional food provides energy). Start to climb the mountain. Having lunch and rest for about 20 minutes on the way, and then keep going to the campsite.
- 5.00 PM: Arrive at the campsite in a shelter near the stone cave (about 1.5 hours walking to the top of the mountain)
Tea House – Sapa – Ha Noi
- – 4.00 AM: Get up and have breakfast. Leave all unnecessary stuff at the shelter and keep climbing to the summit in about 2 hours. (It may take a little bit longer due to tourists’ endurance).
- – 6.30 AM: Reach the summit of Lao Than and catch the dawn there. Get a sightseeing, take pictures and then comeback to the campsite.
- – 8.20 AM: Back at the campsite. Prepare your own stuff and get back to the trek point on the same route.
- – 12.30 PM: Back at the trek point at Y Ty Vegetable Farm. Have lunch and get on the bus to come back to Sapa.
- – 4.30 PM: Arrive in Sapa. Take back your belongings and move to the Dao Tribe’s bathing place to get a hot herbal bath. Visit Sapa at your own pace and gather together for dinner (time and location will be informed).
- – 7.00 PM: Have dinner with Hot Pot and Tao Meo alcohol.
- – 10.00 PM: Get on the sleeping bus and comeback to Ha Noi.
You will reach Hanoi around 4.00 AM the next morning. The trip ends here and we are happy to see you again next time!
★ – SERVICES INCLUDED – ★
1. Moving expense
– Return Bus Tickets Hanoi – Sapa.
– 16-seat or 29-seat van for the journey to the trek point and back to Sapa.
2. All the housing expense in your trekking
– Water (4 bottles of 500ml) and food during your trekking.
– Porter (who carries the food and stuff).
– Warm sleeping place in the shelter on the mountain.
3. Other services
– Travel Insurance (70.000.000VND/person – for Vietnamese only)
– Entrance fee for the local government’s management
– Climbing gear: – 01 raincoat, a pair of gloves, health kit.
– Medal/certificate from Hoang Lien Son national park’s management.
★ – EXCLUDED SERVICES – ★
Clothes for 2 days 1 night in the mountains:
- 2 long pants (preferably quick-drying pants) and 1 long-sleeved shirt (preferably a light windbreaker) to wear during the trek
- 2-3 T-shirts
- Warm thick coat. For use in the evening while at the shack
- 1 super thin sweater or down jacket to wear to bed
- 1 pair of high-top boots/climbing shoes that are waterproof and have good grip
- 1 pair of slippers used at the Shack
- Scarves: wool towels are contraindicated, so use cloth towels or bandanas so that if they get et, they can be easily dried.
- 3-5 pairs of long, thick socks (do not use low-neck socks)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries.
- Stickers Thermostats
- Personal medicine.