CONQUERING MOUNTAIN FANSIPAN
With an altitude of 3143m above sea level, located in the core of Hoang Lien National Park, Fansipan is where many aspire to set foot and conquer to satisfy their passion as well as overcome their limits.
Fansipan mountain’s main trekking terrain is a trail through the forest, along with steep climbs with sturdy stainless steel ladders, which helps the trek to be somewhat easier. Fansipan is not only known as the “roof of Indochina”, but also a symbol of conquest for the youth with determination. Start your journey to conquer Fansipan with Travel Up now!
- 22:30: The group gathers at My Dinh bus station to get on the bus to travel to Sapa. The highway is very smooth, so you don’t need to worry about motion sickness!
- 05:00: Arrive at Sapa bus station. The group then moved to the tour office, where you can attend to your personal hygiene, pack up and store unnecessary items, help yourself to breakfast, and take a walk in Sapa’s fresh air
- 08:00: Return to the office and wait for the car to come to pick up the group to move to Tram Ton
- 08:30: Get in the car to Tram Ton (the trip shall take about 30 minutes).
- 09:00: The guide completes all the procedures with the forest ranger, and the group starts trekking.
- 12:00: Take a break for lunch at an altitude of 2200m
- 17:00: Have dinner and spend the night at an altitude of 2800m. The shack has been built into separate rooms, hence is very airtight with each person having their sleeping bag
Trekking time: approximately 7-8 hours. The path involves many steep slopes, and few streams, and can be slippery under the rain. Spend the night at the shack. There will be toilets and rooms to clean yourselves
- 03:30: Wake up, have breakfast, leave your belongings at the shack and continue trekking to the peak
- 06:30 ~ 07:30: Reaching the peak. We shall take pictures and celebrate our victory
- 08:00: Return to the shack at 2800m. If you want to go back down by cable car, you can buy tickets at the cable station
- 10:00: Have lunch at the altitude of 2800m, pack up, and return to Tram Ton
- 16:00: Arrive at Tram Ton, a 16-seat car shall come to pick up the group at the tour office in Sapa
You can collect your stored items, attend to your personal hygiene, then freely walk around Sapa town and have dinner
- 22:00: Gather at Sapa bus station, get on the sleeper bus to move back to Hanoi
The group shall arrive in Hanoi at around 3:30 am the next morning. Travel Up would like to say goodbye and see you on the nearest trip!!!
FANSIPAN: DIFFICULTY LEVEL 6/10 · MODERATE
- Fansipan: 3143m high, located in Hoang Lien Son national forest, Lao Cai province
- Tour duration: 2 days and 3 nights
- Trekking through 15 km of forest and mountain trails, the terrain involves lots of forests and only a few streams, with potential for the sea of clouds at the peak
- The path is paved with stones
- Sleep in a shack at an altitude of 2800m
★ – INCLUDED SERVICES – ★
- Sleeper bus to travel between Hanoi and Sapa. Those who do not use this vehicle will be refunded 200k/person/way
- Shuttle bus between the tour office and the trekking point
- Procedures to enter the forest (insurance, entrance fees, accommodation fees, environmental sanitation, etc.)
- Food that provides enough nutrients and energy for the members.
- Drinking water: 4 500ml bottles. Supplement with boiled mountain water if necessary
- Rooms and sleeping bags on the mountain
- Personal restroom and storage in Sapa
- Travel Insurance (500,000,000 VND/person/case)
- Trekking equipment includes: 01 raincoat, 01 pair of gloves, medical equipment,…
- Certificates and medals issued by Hoang Lien Son National Park
★ – SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR – ★
- Tip for the tour guide and porters
- Other personal expenses
★ – WHAT YOU NEED TO PREPARE – ★
- A pair of trekking shoes (high-neck shoes are the best) that are comfortable, well-fitted, and have a non-slip outsole
- Clothes for 3 days and 2 nights on the mountain:
– 2 long pants (preferably quick-drying pants) and 1 long-sleeved jacket (preferably a thin windbreaker) to wear when trekking
– 3-4 T-shirts
– Warm and thick coat for use in the evening while at the shack
– 1 super thin sweater or down jacket to wear to bed
– 1 pair of slippers for use at the shack
– Scarves: avoid wool scarves, we recommend the use of fabric scarves or bandanas so that they are quick to dry in case of getting wet.
– 3-5 pairs of long, thick socks (do not use low-neck socks)
– Other personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
- Heating patches
- Personal medication
- Personal Identification