TREKKING THE EAST POLE
The East Pole is located at Mui Doi in Dam Mon fishing village, Van Phong Bay, Van Thanh commune, Van Ninh district, Khanh Hoa province, which is about 80 km away from Nha Trang city along the 1A National Highway to the north, and about 35 km from Tuy Hoa city (Phu Yen) to the south. In 2017, this place was attached with a pyramidal headstone, detailing geographical coordinates. At this location, you can catch Vietnam’s “first ray of sunshine” earlier than anywhere else.
The trekking distance from Dam Mon to Mui Doi in Khanh Hoa is about 8 km long, crossing diverse terrains such as sandy deserts, streams, shrub forests, coastlines, etc.
- The car picks up the group at Tuy Hoa airport to move to Dam Mon, where we will check in to the guesthouse and have dinner
- 05h30: The tour guide will wake up the group for personal hygiene and breakfast at the guesthouse
- 07h00: The tour guide will help the group to allocate your belongings, and inform the detailed schedule
- 07h30: Warm up and start the journey to conquer the East Pole
- 11h00: Watch the wonderful seascape gradually appear before your eyes
- 11h30: Stop by a shady roadside lawn, the group will have lunch together with pre-prepared dishes.
- 13h30: Continue the journey through the bush and thorny forest to reach Rang beach
- 16h30: Arrive at the campsite, rest, swim and enjoy the sunset
- 18h00: Have dinner, enjoy fresh seafood, share stories from the trip, listen to the waves and watch the fanciful starry sky
- 21h30: The group returned to the tents to rest
- 03h00: Wake up to prepare for the journey to catch the sunrise on the other side of the cliff
- 04h30: Move to the peak. The route is only about 500m, but is extremely difficult because of the steep cliff that requires everyone to climb down slowly step by step.
- 05h30: Arrive at the peak, sit together and wait for the moment when the red sun rises on the other side of the horizon. Check in at the top, enjoy some snacks.
- 07h00: Return to the campsite, have breakfast and prepare to pack up and wait for the boat to pick up the group back to the mainland.
- 10h00: The group returns to the mainland
- 11h00: The group returns to the guesthouse, where you can clean yourself and have lunch.
- 13h00: Get on the bus to go back to Tuy Hoa
- 15h00: Arrive in Tuy Hoa, the whole group enjoys some snacks before moving to the airport to fly back to Hanoi
THE EAST POLE: DIFFICULT LEVEL 4/10
- The trekking length of 14 km overcomes many types of terrain such as: sandy desert, stream, shrub forest, unspoiled coastline,…
- Tour duration: 2 days and 2 nights
★ – INCLUDED SERVICES – ★
- Airport shuttle bus
- 1 night accommodation in Dam Mon
- Experienced tour guide to support the group
- Porters who carry the group’s and your personal belonging (3 – 5 kg/person)
- Standard travel insurance 500,000,000 VND/person/case
- All meals for 2 days of trekking
- Souvenir medals for conquering the East Pole with each member’s individual name engraved
- Standard tents and individual sleeping bags
- Standard medical equipment for the group
INCLUDED MOUNTAIN TREKKING EQUIPMENTS
- 20L Backpack, trekking pole, personal water bottle, gloves, porter bag
- Electrolyzed water, filtered water, standard (oreo) snacks
★ – SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR – ★
- Round trip air ticket from Hanoi to Tuy Hoa
- Standard tip for the tour guide, porters and drivers
- Out-of-program personal expenses
★ – WHAT YOU NEED TO PREPARE – ★
- Clothes that are easy to move and sweat-absorbent
- Wide-brimmed hats or caps
- Trekking shoes (high-neck shoes are the best)
- 1 windbreaker for use at night at the campsite and in the early morning
- 2-3 pairs of socks
- Personal items : Sunscreen, sunglasses, toiletries
- Slippers for use at the campsite
- Personal Identification
- Personal medication and medical supplies (if you have a personal medical history)